When I say “Alexa, play Magic FM” and what I want is Magic 105.4 FM I get a Spanish station!
The magic phrase you want is “Alexa, play Magic Radio UK“.
You might also want to try:
- “Alexa, play Mellow Magic”
- “Alexa, play Magic Chilled”
These key Alexa abilities wereunavailable on the UK Echo, but as of 8 March 2018 they all are now:
- Multi-room audio – correction: this IS available. Thanks Amazon!
- Alexa Calling & Messaging – update: now available
- “Proper” Harmony Skill – update: now available
- Echo Show not available in UK – update: now available
- Control Fire TV with Echo – update: now available
Took their time however, this was first published on August 29th 2017!
You need to add the RadioPlayer Skill
“Alexa, enable Radioplayer”
“Alexa, ask Radioplayer to play Absolute 80s”
as it doesn’t seem to be available on TuneIn
“Alexa, what’s up?”
“Alexa, sing a Christmas song”
In the Black Friday sale to go with my echo and it’s now sitting at my bedside. You do need a bluetooth or wired speaker unless you want rather tinny sound (fine for alarms etc).
This idea is a variation of a previous idea… using Amazon Echo as an intercom. This one would be super simple to implement. All you need is an Amazon Echo in the baby’s room to pick up the sound, and you can listen from a second one in your own bedroom or from the Amazon Echo App.
This is a fantastic idea. Just needs an Echo + Tap.
One of the first things I did was change the wake word to “Echo” as it seemed snappier.
However, I’ve reverted – it seems to me “Alexa” is recognised better, perhaps it’s a British accent thing?